The 18-hole, par 71 Hamilton Island Golf Club is said to be one of the most challenging in the world. Designed by five time British Open winner Peter Thomson, and taking full advantage of Mother Nature’s work, the course is strung along the spectacular ridges and steep valleys of Dent Island.
The course boasts a variety of obstacles for those willing to take on the challenge – wicked winds; impenetrable bushland; people have even called the 14th hole, the ‘Valley of Death’. Despite its punishing design the golf course is a ‘must do’ for both novice and professional golfers, catering for all experience levels. Plus, with spectacular views of the surrounding Whitsunday Islands and Coral Sea, the contemporary Clubhouse is the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a meal after your unforgettable golfing experience.
The Reef View Hotel:
Garden View rooms are framed by the cool green palms of tropical gardens. There's plenty of space to relax in a generously proportioned Garden View room. Garden View rooms have modern decor features muted relaxing tones. Each room has a bathroom with separate bath and shower, and a private balcony with patio seating for sunset drinks from the mini bar. The flat-screen TV has pay-to-view movies, internet access is available and each room has individually controlled air conditioning and a ceiling fan.
Valid for travel through to 21 December 2020. Contact us now for 2021 options and prices.
Advertised rate from $856 pp twin share based on travel dates: 14 - 18 September 2020
There's plenty to do during your Hamilton Island Getaway! Enjoy a great variety of bars and restaurants, an abundance of water sports and activities - and that's just the start. For sailing enthusiasts, there’s the Hamilton Island Yacht Club, and for keen golfers, the Hamilton Island Golf Club is the only Australian 18-hole championship course on its own island.
Ways to get around Hamilton Island:
Island Shuttle service - A complimentary bus service operates every day, from 6.50am until 11.00pm (subject to change) along two selected routes.
On foot - One of the best ways to explore the island is by walking. With several activities, restaurants and bars conveniently located on the resort side of the island, it’s also easy to wander from your accommodation to some of the island’s key highlights.
Buggy - If you want to explore the island at your own pace - or if you’re staying at accommodation that’s further away from the action, you may wish to hire a buggy.There are both 2-seater and 4-seater buggies for hire.
ADDITIONAL GOLF - GREEN FEES
* The golf packages include 1 x 18 hole round of golf for 1 adult. For additional rounds of golf, prices are on application and subject to change.
Equipment can be hired from the Pro Shop at the Hamilton Island Golf Club. This can be done on arrival at the Hamilton Island Golf Club.
* Visitors must abide by the dress regulations and are expected to
honour the etiquette of the game. The golf course, clubhouse and driving
range are subject to the dress regulations below:
* Men's shorts must be above the knee
* Men with shorts must wear socks
* Slacks must not be worn tucked into socks
* Men's shirts must be worn tucked in
* Golf shoes with soft spikes (or appropriate footwear) must be worn on
the course and practice areas
The following are NOT acceptable items of dress:
* Football or sporting type shorts
* Tops displaying large motifs or advertising
* Shirts without collars (an exception applies to womens' attire and
shirts that are specifically designed for golf)
* Denim of any description (children under 12 are exempt from this
* Three-quarter length pants (an exception applies to women's attire)
* Tracksuit pants/tops or any type of gymnasium attire
* Running shoes, thongs, sandals or bare feet
* Drawstring pants or shorts
* Socks with sports motifs or stripes
* Caps should not be turned backwards or worn in the clubhouse
* Metal spikes are not permitted
Travel at 60 and supplier booking conditions apply.
Package is Land Only. Prices are correct as at 16 April 2020 & are subject to change at any time without notice. Prices are per person based on twin share. Package price is based on travel wholly within the travel dates. Valid for new bookings only. All product is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.